Corporate General Partner, EPIC VENTURES, LP.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT ~ THEATRE CONSULTANT ~ GENERAL CONTRACTOR ~DEVELOPER
Strong combinations of education, experience, energy and multi discipline interests converge in Mr. Emerson. Skills include business creation, delicate human handling, project development, manufacturing procedures, construction, and thoughtful problem solving. Following are selected benchmarks from a career spanning forty years.
2000 - present:
- Developed eight upscale vacation Townhomes retreats on Whitehall Harbor as The Line Townhomes. adirondacrkregionhomes.com
- Acquired property and initiated sixteen unit condo project in Warrensburg, NY
- Acquired property for evolving joint-venture 11 parcel subdivision in Chestertown, NY
- Purchased, renovated, developed and managed older, industrial sites, (340,000 sq. ft) as EPIC Ventures, LP., operating 3 locations, as a venue for multiple start-up companies.
- Completed liquidation of real property holdings 09/03.
- General contractor for BioMetics, Inc. on the construction and finishing of a 5,000 sq. ft, block and steel demonstration plant.
- General contractor for Michael Hagen Inc. for the construction and finishing of a 100'X150' free span, block and steel scenic painting studio.
- Established Advocates Support, Inc. to provide consolidated support in the area of visual aides, quantitative analysis, expert witness referral and private investigation to tort attorneys.
- Completed Mechanical Engineering degree at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, June '95.
1980 - 1990:
- Principle, BOD member and President: Adirondack Scenic Inc.; a purveyor of custom fabricated components for the exhibit and display industry. Clients included major national and international corporations; GE, Avon, Time Life, variedother corporate entities, and theme parks.
- Formed RoadShow Trucking, Inc., a dedicated interstate carrier of theatrical goods. Subsequently sold to its employees.
- Individually created themed, exterior lighting for multiple General Electric meetings, product introductions and awards events.
1970 - 1980:
- Toured on the technical staff of the Joffrey Ballet. Served as a theatre technician for various New York Broadway, Off-Broadway, Industrial and dance productions. Founding member of EST.
- Taught design and technical theatre while Technical Director, and then Arts Coordinator, for Johnson (VT) State College.
- General contractor for the modernization and renovation of 1870 – built Chandler Music Hall, Randolph, VT.
- Completed departmental degree requirements for a Theatre Arts major at State University of New York, Albany.
- Member: IESNA, ASME, and multiple corporate and non-profit boards.